Sunday, February 8, 2009

Preggo Update - 23 weeks


I am now in my 23rd week of pregnancy - so 5 months and 2 weeks have passed - 2 weeks to go until that 6th month.  Part of me wishes I could accelerate this process and the logical part of me knows that Mike and I probably need the next three months to really prepare for Baby Fuller.   But I'm just so anxious to see those little fingers and toes, see whose eyes he/she has, see whether I should be saying she or he.

The photos above were taken the week before our move... so I'm even bigger now I think.  And although I dread buying anymore clothes, I love getting bigger and bigger.

Having just finished my 25 random things list on Facebook, I've been thinking in terms of lists so here goes, some random things about my pregnancy in recent weeks.

1. I've missed 2 Doctor appointments in the last week.  The first was rescheduled (after I waited for 3 and a half hours) because the Dr. was in the delivery room with the other Dr's baby (partners in practice)  and the second, I slept through.  

2. I'm in awe of MIA's Grammy performance - Can I dance around a stage at nine months pregnant?  or even now?  doubtful as 5 stairs have me out of breath.

3. My husband and his Dad built our baby's crib today.   When I saw it, I got all teary eyed and didn't turn around until I could get it together - lest the family see my sappyness.

4. My feet hurt pretty much all the time.  I'm going to try to soak them this week for some relief.

5. The Nursing Mother's Companion has become the top book on my personal top 10 reads list.  What to Expect When Your Expecting is next, I'm obsessed.

6. I learned that Mylanta can double as diaper rash ointment (thanks Ethel!)

7. I watched birthing videos on youtube at the recommendation of some of my coworkers.  They're mom's so I thought I should heed their advise.  I was a little traumatized....do you know how big a baby's head is??  And an episiotomy...really, it's awful.

8. I officially can't see my toes in the shower.

9. My baby's movements have become pretty constant - it's such a perfect feeling right now because it doesn't hurt yet...it's just constant tickles and flutters.  So cute.

10.   One of the hotel contacts I work with at Best Buddies has been away on maternity leave for the last 3 months.  Her voicemail at the hotel she works at says she'll be back February 1st.  When she wasn't back, I spoke to one of her colleagues and she said that she didn't come back.  She decided to stay home and be a full-time mom - I want to be like her when I grow up.  If only one income were enough for it all.  


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow you look great pregnant! I mean, some people don't respond well and kind of look unsettling lol. But you're a beautiful pregnanct lady, I want to be YOU when I grow up =). 3 months 3 months 3 months!