Sunday, January 20, 2013

What Working Moms Should Have

It's really a travesty that the average working mom doesn't have access to the finer things in life. I received a $150 gift certificate to SpaFinder for Christmas and just used it on my first ever facial! When I first recieved the gift, I thought I'd be able to get at least three treatments out of it (treatment, that's spa lingo for service) - a massage, a facial, mani/pedi...maybe even a wax. My research taught me that that was far from reality. $150 got me one standard facial, just one.

It was so very nice. Usually, when I'm taking the highly recommended "me" time that all moms try to sneak in, my mind is racing with all that I am not doing. But an honest to God spa experience really can clear your mind - the lights, the warmth, no pants, the music, a faux fur blanket - Red Door really knows how to treat a lady.

Moms should have that! When I left I thought, I need to do that once a month. But $150 a month feels....selfish. It's just to much to work in without considering the alternatives - paying down debt, adding to a retirement or college fund, even just taking a day trip with the family.

But, I repeat, moms should have that!

No comments: