Friday, May 10, 2013

We Are Adventurers!

There is nothing like watching your baby sleep.  Early on, my mother-in-law told me that when babies sleep, their brains are processing everything they've learned and taken in that day.  Every time I watch Myki sleep, I think about the day we have had and all that he has seen, done and conquered.  Yes, conquered; didn't you know my son was a super hero?

Last night Myki was asleep minutes after story time. That heavy sleep gives me so much pleasure.  I count teacher and adventurer as essential functions of my role as mother.  I will ensure Myki has new, exciting and enriching experiences on a regular basis.  In practice, this means we will pretend to be soldiers or super heroes, we will run as fast as we can and we will try new and a little bit scary things, like letting a giant horse eat an apple from our little hand. His sleep is one of many indicators of my success that day. Today I can say, "you did good Mami."


No comments: