Monday, May 20, 2013

Chasing Happy

Motherhood is absolutely a roller coaster with ups and downs.  There are mornings like Mother's Day where Myki says, and I quote, "Mami, you are great.  Oh no!  I need to get you flowers." And mornings like yesterdsy when just before it is time to leave the house, Myki locks me out of my own bedroom.  Consequently, I left the house without finishing the morning coffee I'd left in there or putting on the earrings or deodorant that live on the vanity in said bedroom.

It is moments like yesterday that help me realize I can't be all happy all of the time.  On top of the fact that I am naturally serious, there is no one out there who lives on cloud nine, whose life is all rainbows and butterflies and unicorns.  So the closest I can get to that elusive place of perpetual happiness is to laugh at the stressful times, the ridiculousness of leaving the house with no deodorant on and retell the perfect times like one morning this week when Myki looked up at me with sleepy eyes and told me he'd miss me, he loves me and to have a great day at work.

I hope all of you have a great day at work tomorrow, Monday and all!

I mean, who wouldn't be happy looking at that face?!

No comments: