Thursday, February 28, 2013

Goal-Setting

It's March; I can't even believe it. It feels like Christmas was just last month. Worse still is the reality that I've lived in Virginia almost a year. Each year I am in awe of how quickly the time seems to pass.

So, my New Years resolution this year was kind of the opposite of what it had been in the past years. Instead of setting an abundance of stringent goals, I decided to just relax and commit to put my best foot forward each and every day and enjoy life.

Two months in, how have I done? I think I've done ok. It's been a very pensive year thus far. I've been really trying to figure out what I want out of life, my career, my friends and family? I've been trying to consider what I need to do to build up my sense of worth (a constant struggle), decrease my perpetual sense of guilt, and really take care of myself physically, emotionally, and mentally. It's difficult to do that without feeling guilty, like I'm spending too much time on myself and neglecting my husband and son especially.

I think these pensive months have led me to the point where I can set some tangible goals. I've been reading/following a few mom blogs and yesterday was all about March goals. Monthly goals feel very manageable, so here goes...

In March I will:

- Bake or cook something with Myki - he loves to spend time in the kitchen and I want to nurture that!

- Go on a date with my Hubby - hopefully the movies, he loves movies! (Looking for a sitter!)

- Post in my blog twice a week - I'm playing with the idea of starting a for-profit blog versus just this personal journal-type blog. In order to do that, I need to write consistently! Examples: tinybluelines.com and theyoungmommylife.com

- Do my taxes, get our will notarized, and pay off one of my small debts - 2013 has been all about getting my financial house in order, new car in 2013 and homeownership in the next five years, or bust!

- Begin Oprah and Deepak Chopra meditation challenge - hoping this will help calm my nerves and help me just stop and enjoy my many blessings!

I've intentionally left off any work-related goals. I think I need to focus on the rest of my life and let my career be what it will be for a moment.

Do you have any goals this month? Please share and we can hold each other accountable!

Happy March everyone!

No comments: