Friday, December 5, 2008

Que viene mas Pan!

Happy Friday to you!

My poor neglected blog. I've been up and down and up again in the last couple months. But today is a good day and I feel like sharing.

As I'm sure all of you loyal fans know, Mike and I are pregnant! Well, I'm pregnant and he's along for the ride. Being pregnant is the most exciting and terrifying experience I've ever been through and I'm only at 14 weeks! But the excitement often outweighs the terror and every one's blessings and good wishes help me know that all will be well.

I especially wanted to share the big news – Mike got a promotion! It's still an hourly position but he did get a raise (woo-woo!) and he's moved from claims to adjudication – which is when people dispute claims, he's like the arbiter. There are more permanent (with benefits) positions in this department so hopefully we'll have more good news in a few months.

Celebration!

One of my coworkers got married a month before Mike and I did and she told me that her mom wants her to have a baby and she's worried about the cost and her mom told her – no te preocupas, los bebes siempre llegan con pan abajo del brazo. Don't worry, babies always come with bread under their arm.

Here comes the pan!

To top it off, I have a new dress on today and I feel cute for the first time in too long. I'm in the phase right before you're obviously pregnant but after your regular clothes stopped fitting you....so it's easy to feel...frumpy. But thanks to Ann Taylor and Black Friday, I have been saved from frumpiness, at least for today.

It's a great day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooohhhhhh my!!!! Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!! I will pray for you, Mike, and the baby. Wow, you're going to be a mommy!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Pam!
( i know you thought i'd never follow your blog since you wrote the url down on a scrap of paper that day but I've read every entry...and have meant to comment).

Anyway, I'm sending all my best wishes your way. Please keep the blog updated on your maternity status! I'd love to hear all of it and as far as you feeling extra cute today, I'm sure your beautiful with that pregnancy glow!

Anonymous said...

and by "your" i meant "you're"