Monday, April 5, 2010

Wal-Mart



Intellectually, I know that Wal-Mart is evil, that although everything is cheaper, it comes at a cost. And when I first moved to Florida, I did not shop there. My husband was adamant that we would not support Wal-Mart, no matter what. But as a Mami, I have to say that Wal-Mart has persuaded me to look the other way at their questionable practices. I'm not proud of that fact, and I wish it weren't so, but it is the truth.

First, as everyone knows, mother or not, babies are freaking expensive! And when you've only go double digits in the bank account and need a laundry list of things, it only makes sense to hit up the local Wal-Mart.

Their latest invention for moms is INGENIOUS! Check out this little seat. Usually, if you go out with Baby, you pretty much have to count on not being able to pee, praying the shopping cart fits in the family bathroom or, when desperate, using the bathroom while holding baby on your lap. Do you have any idea how hard it is to hover, hold and control a 10 month old with just one hand and ensure he doesn't touch anything gross in a public restroom? I was in Wal-Mart for some weekly necessities and had to go so badly. Tried to bring the cart in - wouldn't fit. Fine, I guess I'll hold him. Well pop into the family stall and there it is. It was strategically out of reach of anything gross, had a belt that held his shoulders in place and he actually seemed to enjoy the thing very much! Amazing. I hate to say it but kudos to Wal-Mart.

1 comment:

jl said...

i luv that ur taking pics in a public restroom!