Saturday, January 3, 2009

Being Pregnant

Being pregnant is so much fun. I've yet to have any major pains or hurdles. People ask me about how I'm feeling, cravings, etc. I'm just hungry, in general, and tired, in general....two things that aren't much different from my life before pregnancy.

I guess the biggest changes have been 1. my body - the big, well, even bigger bust, the growing belly, aches and pains, and an ever accelerated heart rate and 2. my focus. I am a woman obsessed. I eat, sleep and breath pregnancy. I read everything I can get my hands on, I daydream about what the next five months have to offer and the next 18 years after that. I relate absolutely everything to this future being growing inside me. In the last week, I've researched life insurance, disability insurance, Lamaze classes, Florida's Prepaid College Plan, choosing a Godmother, breastfeeding seminars and support groups, created a baby registry and fantasized about making my five year old pancakes on Sunday mornings. Absolutely every conversation about just about anything can turn into a conversation about Baby Fuller and I've tried to be careful not to overstay the welcome of my baby talk. I think my husband will tell you I haven't really succeeded in curbing my enthusiasm.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is so exciting! your gonna be great, and it is sooo your personality to do all this research haha! when (if) i ever have one, i will def turn to you for advise. do you know the sex yet?

Pamela Fuller said...

Per Mike's request we won't be finding out the sex until June 10th when the baby's born.

LOL, it's so funny - all of my friends are saying that and they all said that about the wedding too. "When I get married, I'm going to come to you." I am hardly the marriage or preggo expert but will always be here for you when your time comes!

You should take a trip down to MIA this summer. You can just look at the baby like you used to look at Mariana - wow, she's moving, wow, she's smiling, wow...:-)

Anonymous said...

that actually sounds like a great idea. i'll call you in a few months to figure out a good time to visit!

p.s. it seems that i can't spell on blogspot. i wrote "advise" instead of "advice" and mixed up your and you're again lol. not that you care, just a pet peeve of mine.