Sunday, August 10, 2008

Mike's Birthday - August 10, 2008

Another party at the Fuller residence. Mike's 24th birthday was yesterday...don't you love when that special day falls on a Saturday? At first we weren't going to do anything big, a party for two if you will. But on Friday, Mike decided maybe we should invite some people. So I did my wifely duty and made the appropriate phone calls.

I always get a little anxious having an "event." Perhaps it's residual anxiety from my high schools years, but I'm always afraid I'm not cool enough for people to actually come and if they do come, I worry that they won't have fun at my house...since we technically don't have enough seating for everyone, no patio furniture for the BBQ part and a lack of board games (which is apparently what parties consist of in your mid-twenties?).

But all in all it went really well. Most of Mike's close friends came through (food and drink in hand). The BBQ was delicious, drinks were abundant and the laughs continued. Mike's night ended in happy drunkenness. And I officially earned the title of "Best Wife to Have on Your Birthday" for putting it all together.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Tell Mike i said Happy Birthday!!!(from one Leo to another ;) lol)